5 April 2007

Bloody Wind!


It seems I have been put on this pleasant earth for amusement purposes only, honestly, how many more times do I have to suffer embarrassment on a grand scale? Lol. It seems the mirror incident wasn't enough, I shall explain, after work yesterday I walked through town & called into a friend's as I was meeting the boyfriend & obviously didn't want to turn up in work clothes, a girl's gotta make a bit of effort you know :o) Was on my way back through town & weather was a bit 'fresh' which is ok, better than rain thinks I, stupid girl.....

Was just approaching the one way system which is bang in the centre of town & 2 minutes from where I was meeting the boyfriend, it was 6pm so pretty busy, kind policemen stopped to let me cross & thats when it happened, just as Im crossing the road my skirt decided to blow up, not just flick up but full on round my waist type job, in front of a queue of traffic & a group of 14/15 yr old schoolboys. Cue me desperately trying to save my blushes in the middle of a busy road, obviously couldn't just stay there so along with carrying my bag (I have vowed to get a smaller one now) & a bottle of wine Im desperately trying to hold my skirt down, not drop the wine or my bag (you see where my priorities lay? Think of the wine first!) & hurry across the road, all while wearing heels & the wind is having a merry time being the strongest it's been the whole day, not just a gentle breeze, oh no, a bloody great gust & putting up a pretty good fight! Where is a roadworkers hole when you need one? Id have quite happily hopped down into it at that point! I have a feeling I resembled a red cheeked penguin the way I was walking. It didn't help that schoolboys were behind me coming out with 'helpful' comments or that the policemen were plainly pi****g themselves laughing, along with most other people in the traffic & around & about. It felt like it took a bloomin' eternity to cross that road, obviously it didn't take that long but that's what it felt like.
It couldn't have happened outside my friend's flat, which is down a quiet street or outside the off licence which is at the top of town & pretty quiet, or even outside work with only 1 man & his dog walking past & the tramp on the corner, oh no! Wait until Im placed for maximum entertainment & then let the wind play it's merry little game, oh how hilarious I found it! Anyway I get to where I planned to be, albeit a little flustered & the boyfriend asks if everything's ok so I explain, apparently it's the funniest thing he's heard in a long time & proceeds to wet himself laughing & nickname me Flashpants for the rest of the evening, oh such wit he has.......
Needless to say Im doubtful about wearing skirts in the immediate future & yes tupc, I gave in & bought the hotpants, something tell's me they will at least be safer than a bloody skirt! And an incentive to keep up at the gym so it isn't all bad! I suppose. :o)

6 comments:

Annette said...

You were trying to do a Marilyn Monroe, weren't you?!

GirlNextDoor said...

Annette, if only it had been that glamorous, unfortunately I looked a complete muppet! Still, I suppose I brightened up some peoples day, they certainly found it amusing enough! Shame it's Labour ;o) but hows the Council job coming along?

Annette said...

girlnextdoor:
How many others are going to say shame it's labour?!

The councilling is going fine thanks. Lots to do, canvassing, delivering leaflets etc.

I am getting tired now....and the work has only just begun!

Just have to wait and see what happens!

The Thin Blue Line said...

Ha ha, bad one! Love the blog, big smiles all round.

Apparently you haven't heard of the "sudden gust of wind" device fitted to all Police cars!

totallyun-pc said...

Big Pants?

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.