17 May 2007

Apparently....






....I bare more than a passing resemblance to the actress Louisa Lytton according to my mother, stepfather, brothers & sisters, friends & boyfriend so it's a pretty much universal agreement, the only difference being I have brown eyes & I don't possess any freckles. Her latest role is as a PC in that so true to life cop drama, 'The Bill', the point of this ramble is at least now I have some idea how I would look in Police uniform should I be lucky enough to succeed & they're mad enough to let me in ;o)




The result? Please somebody, get me some pro age cream & Miracle Grow, because I'm not sure I can face looking like I've lost my way to the fancy dress party!!!! Lol


I am particularly enjoying this week because I booked a week off, enjoying the lie ins :o)

I did go for some retail therapy in the end, you can tell I'm making the most of my (slightly) disposable income while I can! Haven't been into town for a while so decided I'd rather have a bit of time on my own & a mooch about with no interruptions due to not feeling myself at the moment which was nice, my spoils included some nice jewellery, a new bikini, Jeremy Clarkson's 'Born To Be Riled' book, he can be annoying but I do find him quite funny, a smock/trapeze top which as I'm so short fits perfectly as a minidress, great for summer with wedges but I'm also picturing it as looking rather nice with opaque tights & patent black round toe heels in the winter, a bargain for £12.00! Also, a similar print tunic with a black trim that is a nice pattern, would also look great with tights & patent heels & also a bargainous £12.00, bit less fitted than the other one so needs a belt otherwise I'm going to look pregnant! & some nice new pretty underwear, well, a few sets actually, I don't know why but I have a thing for nice underwear, it scores above shoes & makeup for me, maybe because it has something to do with being able to feel feminine & pretty/sexy? What do you think girls?! Whatever the reason it always makes me feel good :o)


Some of the purchases :o)











Although I settled for the yellow bikini in the end because it's more my colour, I am seriously tempted to get the turquoise one at some point :o)





Also like the patterned one below but the style isn't really me so it's a no, nice pattern & colours though :o)






5 comments:

thoughts running through my head.... said...

e looks a right muppet in that first pic-the uniforms wearing her!!3 sizes too big is about right though,they always have new uniforms on there-where are the scruffy buggers with their rumpled shirts and numbers hanging off shoulders?

maneatingcheesesandwich said...

A fairly accurate reflection of the latest batch of she-munchkins our force has recruited....

As for the purchases, please try to avoid displaying your undies and swimwear online - after all that talk of lap dancers, it's going to send some of your male readers off on a tangent...

(thinks..."so she looks like her, in those, and her boyfriend goes off to a lap dancing club ? He's mental ...")

Girl With The Golden Touch said...

I like the bottom necklace, wheres it from?

GirlNextDoor said...

TRTMH: Yeah I thought that too, lol. As well as always looking immaculate they always manage to solve the crime effortlessly, everything goes to plan & the fact if you get posted there you know at some point you'll end up dead, either by a bent colleague or other unbelievable means!

Thanks for your comment MECS, ''She-Munchkins'' indeed, funny though!
Lol I shall think more of my male readers in future & thanks for the compliment, he isn#t only mental but still stroppy, thinking of getting onto the doctor because surely men can't suffer from PMT?!?! Ah well a giant size Dairy Milk bar should solve the problem, its worth a try at least!! lol

Girl, I left a comment on your blog letting you know about the necklace but they're all from Dorothy Perkins for those that are interested :o)

thoughts running through my head.... said...

she-munchkins???quite often better than giant fuckwits!*shakes head*