2 June 2007

Frankie!

After 15 tries, he's won the Derby! I have to say I think he's one of the best flat jockey's about & it's a very well deserved win. On the 28th of September 1996 he won the whole racecard, 7 of 7 races in one day at Ascot, amazing & he completely wrecked the bookies, as in wiped some of them out completely. Here he is below on Authorized after today's win





And passing the winning post after pulling away to win by 5/6 lengths

Authorized is a class horse, & after watching the race & seeing him accelerate away so quickly & so smoothly without even trying that hard he is showing elements of Shergar, a stunning horse & is now only going to get better & better, he's had some big successes before but I think today has really marked him out. Yes, I placed a bet on both Authorized & Salford Mill, who was useless! Not sure what I've got back, I am completely rubbish with odds so will have to call big brother & see how rich I am, probably not much considering one was the hot favourite & the other didn't even figure! Ah well, congragulations to Frankie it was a well deserved win, not only because he has succeeded finally, after 15 attempts but also because he is a genuinely nice guy. And apparently today's win is going to cost the bookies in the region of £20 million pounds & that can't be a bad thing!! Although according to one of the racing reports it's nearer £40 million, that is one massive amount of cash....

7 comments:

Inspector Gadget said...

I havent a clue what this horse racing thing is all about - I'm still jumping up and down about the Beckham comeback last night! Fantastic. Typical England to throw it away in the last 20 seconds though!

Girl*Next*Door said...

Horse racing's great, makes a great day out & once you've got your head around working out the oddds (which Ive yet to master) Then it's easy, as long as you pick the winner! lol :)
Yeah I heard about Beckham, he is a fantastic player, up for an MBE apparently but football isn't really my thing, more of a rugby girl, that could have alot to do with the players though...!
England always throw it away, no matter that we invented most sports, still rubbish at them!! Lol

Big Fella in Blue said...

I was thinking about sticking £20-00 on frankie yesterday, Im now kicking myself for not getting round to it!!! I ended up booking hotel rooms for my wedding and buying the missus a satnav for her work. If I had put the 20 quid on I could have got half the satnav for free.
Just looked at your personal likes/dislikes and we share the same likes on the films and dislikes on the music.

Waynecoff said...

sounds like you like to have a bet, x

Girl*Next*Door said...

Hi Big Fella, yeah I had a quick look round your blog, it's very good :o) & your right, the music taste is more or less identical, might get round to updating my profile a bit more. Films are similar too & if you like football films, I.D is a good one.

Yeah I do Wayne, only really do it on the big races though, not seriously into it

Girl With The Golden Touch said...

Sent you an email re putting pics on blogger, let me know if you got it cos it fucked up when I clicked send *rolls eyes* XX

Girl*Next*Door said...

Hiya girl, yeah I got it, hate it when it does that when your sending an email! Hopefully I've worked it out properly :o)
Thanks xx