26 June 2007

Rain Rain Go Away.......


......come again another day. Or even better, not at all!!! Especially in June! The centre of Cheltenham was flooded yesterday, completely. The poor people who have the basement flats there got washed away practically but on the slightly brighter side (for me that is) I got the day off work! I know that's terrible when people have had their homes flooded but it was disgusting weather & I just didn't want to step foot out of the front door, or even out of bed for that matter. I did plan on going into work but at the last minute my boss called & told me not to bother, today has been the same because the water flooded the first floor of where I work, it absolutely reeks, it's disgusting. Apparently it's going to be ok on Thursday though, we shall see.....

Cheltenham council installed a supposed anti flood system last year at a cost of £24 million, they may as well have supplied the town with chocolate firegaurds for the winter, muppets!
Going by what it's been like here I'm incredibly glad I don't live further up country, or have to work in it because I can't imagine anything more horrendous. So for those that have been working in it, hope your not too soaked! I'm also extremely glad I wasn't at Glastonbury, I feel sorry for the poor sods that were, imagine getting stuck in that weather, trains couldn't get there, coaches refused to travel & 40,000 cars got stuck in the mud, what fun! Not.

One of the main roads going into Cheltenham




Heard this on radio 1 earlier though & all of a sudden it was summer again, I even started dancing! Even though I was only about 10/11 when it was in the charts I remember some brilliant nights out dancing to it, especially a particular May bank holiday weekend 2 years ago when a group of 20 or so of us descended on Woolacombe, 'twas a very, very, very, very good weekend.... :o)



Bit of a weird video but the song is fab :o)

3 comments:

Ing said...

Omg! Dario G! Haven't heard that in, like, forever!

*nostalgia*

Girl*Next*Door said...

I know, I heard it & it took me back to so many great nights out! Brilliant.

Waynecoff said...

nice track x