7 July 2007

Practically Perfect Day





Today was exactly that. Today consisted of shopping, great company, sunshine, laughs & fun.
I met up with Mr. Starbucks in town this morning & had a mooch around Cheltenham & after that we headed for Cribbs Causeway in Bristol, we could get there because Mr Starbucks has a car & knows how to drive it which is a bonus, thankfully he isn't the boyracer type which makes me very happy, what makes me even happier is he loves driving with the stereo at full blast on the particularly fantastic songs, My Chemical Romance featured on the list as did Razorlight, Mika, Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers & Faithless, the boy has taste!
The shopping was good, I managed to get a great pair of pumps in grey suede, pointy toe, small heel & silver trim, very nice. Tried to get the shorts from Miss S but they didn't have them in my size, best they could do was an 8 & they looked stupid, way too baggy so I need to either order the right size from another store or get them online :(
I tried on a pair that were slightly longer which I hoped were ok but according to Mr Starbucks I was taking on Andy Pandy characteristics, what a cheek! Still, at least he's truthful, he could have let me buy them & look like a muppet.....



My hotpants arrived today! Woo Hoo! They are better than the pic, tried them on before I went out & they look fab, short without being bum baring short & just the right side of fitted, I LOVE them. Perfect with wedges or pumps & a vest top. Would have worn them today but wasn't quite warm enough :(
Rest of the haul consisted of a grey pinafore dress, short one which is good because the normal lengths come down to my knees, this one is short without being 'take me now' short, never a good look.
The rest were some black patent ballet pumps, some tights due to me being an expert at ripping pairs, a pair of deep damson purple suede round toe high heeled boots, gorgeous & a bargain at £20. A print shirt pictured below, in the yellow, a couple of pairs of summer pj's, a few vest tops & some other bits & bobs :)
Mr Starbucks insisted on carrying all the bags, apparently I looked a bit silly because I looked like a walking baggage rack according to him (he knows how to compliment a girl!) I think he wanted to carry them to be 'the man', who am I to complain? Lol
I also ranted to him for 10 minutes about my failure at managing to get Verve tickets, he found this highly amusing because apparently I look too sweet to get angry & swear so when I went off on one he was cracking up, I mean properly laughing! I also swear in a posh voice! What?! How can you possibly swear in a posh voice? Swearing is swearing isn't it? Well not according to him, I sound like a home counties girl with a bit of a country twang usually but apparently when I swear I sound posh, it's nice to know I suppose that I don't sound like Vicky Pollard but I still don't really get what he means?! Lol






And the relevance of this picture? Somebody was selling candyfloss & all of a sudden I was 6 years old again :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Girl*Next*Door said...

When you're grown up & mature enough to use civilised languge I'll leave your commnents up, until then they are being deleted.

Anonymous said...

such big words from a little girl with a mouth like a toilet.

Girl*Next*Door said...

The same anon that I refused to bow down to & apologise for my use of the word "cunt"? Because if that's so then you are alot worse by calling me what you have & acting so downright immature.

thoughts running through my head.... said...

ignore the loser GND.


When you get married will you remember I ENCOURAGED you to meet Mr Starbucks and invite me?!!

maneatingcheesesandwich said...

Yes - you can swear in a posh voice .... and if you choose the right combination of words, he'll love you for it !!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Girl*Next*Door said...

TRTMH, you can be head bridesmaid! Lol :)

MECS, Hahaha, that made me laugh. I think I know what he's getting at now!

thoughts running through my head.... said...

head bridesmaid?I'm not wearing satin though!!

Girl*Next*Door said...

I have taste! Lol


It would be apricot satin..... Hahaha