27 August 2007

First Class Knob



I am very careful who I give my mobile number too, mainly because I don't want to be pestered by idiots or having it flying around like confetti. So when I got a text earlier & a 'phone call which I duly ignored from the biggest knob to walk the earth I wasn't exactly overjoyed.
The last twice I've seen him I've actively avoided him because one of two things would happen; I would turn the air blue with what I thought of him or he would end up with a drink over him, he is a first class twat.

I met him a few years ago when I was at college through mutual friends & at first I thought he was a bit of a muppet but pleasant enough & a gentleman so would quite often end up seeing a lot of him due to the fact we were in the same circle of friends or meeting up of an odd evening/lunchtime for a quick drink or something to eat.
He comes from a very privileged background, private school, Cambridge etc. His parents have an estate in Wiltshire along with a place in the Cotswolds & London. He has an apartment in Central London & is a member of all the gentlemans clubs & a frequent polo player, he played regularly with Prince Charles' & as far as I know still plays occasionally in fairly prestigious games. So you would expect him to know how to behave properly.

He was ok I thought & although he had made it known that he wanted us to be more than friends more or less from the start I made it plain that's not how I saw things but also said I didn't mind staying friends which seemed to be ok. A few times I went as his 'plus one' to functions/hunt/polo balls etc until I felt he was being a bit too pushy with things being more than friends, asking me out etc & just being very pushy so I distanced myself for a while. The thing is when somebody is in your circle of friends it's hard to avoid them, when I say 'circle' I mean literally a maximum of probably 8 if that so without being rude it was awkward & I figured that he'd got the message by then anyway, he certainly seemed to have done.
So when a few months later he invited me to a polo match I went, comfortable that he was ok with the friend thing now & that was that. We enjoyed the polo & the sun & then sat down to eat, & that was when he showed his true colours somewhat. I don't care how much money you have, who you are or what you do, I was always taught that you treat people with respect. So when a waiter made a mistake (I can't remember what now, I think he dropped something or something equally minor) & he made a really snide remark to him, basically saying he was below the pecking order & therefore lower in importance because he was serving rather than dining. I couldn't believe my ears, he was so rude & so obnoxious that I challenged him & embarrassed him into apologising, basically by telling the waiter not to leave our table without an apology & telling X how completely rude he was by making a remark like that. He apologised, grudgingly & said maybe the alcohol had gone to his head a bit so I left it at that, with a decidedly cold atmosphere between us & me speaking to him as little as possible for the rest of the day. He had gone down in my estimation a lot, I only really saw him when he was out of an evening with friends having a drink or birthdays etc from then on.

There was a group of about 9 of us out celebrating a friends birthday one night, I went to the bathroom & when I got back 2 had made their goodbyes & the others had gone on to another bar. No problem except I was left to get a cab with X, which I can't say I was happy about but figured that as we were in a bar & would be leaving that to get straight into a black cab to go onto another bar that it wouldn't be too much of a hardship.
I finished my drink & we left & hailed a cab.

Except when I was getting into it he decided to shove his hands between my legs & have a grope.

I went mental, if I hadn't had jeans on I would have created a lot more fuss, I turned round & asked him what the hell he thought he was playing at none to quietly & is the first of two times I have ever used the C word in public, I was so angry & disgusted that I really had a go at him, not screaming & shouting but certainly loud enough for people around to notice & the cabbie to ask if I was ok. After a few minutes of telling X what I thought of him, I sat in the cab & told the cabbie no, I wasn't ok & could he take me home rather than where we'd specified to him as the person sitting opposite me had just behaved as far from gentlemanly as it's possible to get.
When he pulled up outside where I was living the meter was pretty high & when I got out I informed the cabbie that X would be paying the full fair, turned & went in.
I didn't have anything to do with at all from then on, deleted his number, ignored his calls & texts & if I did see him about I pointedly ignored him.



If that had been now I would have done more than threaten him with the police, I would have got the cabbie to drive me straight to the nearest police station. Being only about 19 at the time my only priority was getting home & away from him, not doing a he said she said when I'd had a drink.
It was only a month or so later that I found out, from a polo player acquaintance of his, that he'd been planning to get into my knickers the evening we'd gone to the polo match! Scumbag.


Still, the whole debacle of knowing him did have one small plus as at the polo match mentioned, after having a chat & drink in the afternoon with one of the players he gave me his number. He was genuinely nice & really did behave like a gentleman.

If I get another phonecall from X tomorrow then it is highly likely I will answer & tell him, in a crystal clear manner, to Fuck Off.
What's really annoyed me though, is how he's got hold of it. He's a complete scumbag & sleaze, disgusting.



This blog is so good for ranting.

5 comments:

Waynecoff said...

what a total tosser, he is.

Annette said...

I hate people who think they are better than you, as he did with the waiter.
Good on you to make him apologise to him.
Maybe now, he will get the hint from you.

PC South West said...

Sorry mate but he sounds like a typical Toff!!
I dislike people who think they are better than others because of money or people they associate with who have it.
Total loser, you were right to ditch this one!!

Girl With The Golden Touch said...

Oh what a nob! You did right sacking this one off!

Girl*Next*Door said...

What annoyed me is I didn't even want to see him/go out with him as boyfriend/girlfriend anyway! He just took it as a given! He is a complete wanker.

& the answer my friends, is no. He didn't get in touch the next day. Which is a shame because I would have loved to have told him what I really thought of him.