10 September 2007

As Easy as ABC



Connemara

Below is my take on the alphabet of life, lifted from Marja's blog. Well, the 22 years experience of life I've had so far, it could change dramatically in the future! I'm not going to tag anyone but feel free if you want to do your own take on it :)

Accept that there are some things you can't change, no matter how hard you try.
Break away from those that don't appreciate you.
Create strong friendships. A good friend is a rare & special thing.
Decide to be who you want to be, not what others would like you to be.
Explore all that's around you, you never know what could be passing you by.
Forgive those that deserve it.
Grow a thick skin. Sometimes you'll need it.
Hope never to be miserable or bitter. It won't affect anyone but you.
Ignore your mistakes but don't forget to learn from them.
Journey but don't forget to appreciate the scenery.
Know that this life is the only one you will have so appreciate what you've got.
Love yourself before you even start to think about falling in love with others.
Manage yourself, don't let others do the job for you.
Notice those around you, don't take them for granted.
Open your eyes & look rather than just see.
Play the fool, sometimes a laugh is all you need.
Question everything, then make up your own mind. Don't take other people's word for it.
Respect
others, their property and their right to have a peaceful existence.
Share your heart & accept that sometimes it may get bruised but eventually somebody will treat it as the most precious thing in their life.
Try something that scares you, you'll never forget the adrenaline rush.
Use your tongue wisely. Words can hurt more than actions sometimes.
Value what you have, however much or little it may be.
Work hard. But play harder!
X-ray machines show up what's beneath the surface. Be straight, because some things you can't & shouldn't hide.
You are who you are, be happy with that.
Zoom in, sometimes you miss the small things.

"R" for respect added by PCSW as he wondered where the "r" had disappeared to. Correctly guessing I'd maybe had too much of the alcoholic grape juice..... :)


11 comments:

Roses said...

Hi honey

I don't think I can manage any better than that. It's a lovely way to start the day reading that.

Thank you.

PC South West said...

All good ones but what happened to R?
Maybe you had a few too many glasses of wine? I think the word respect comes to mind ;)

Little Wing said...

Great words of wisdom!!!!!!

Marja said...

Great work you did very well. I love it.

Annette said...

Beautiful photo.

Keith Hillman said...

Hi! Found you on Marjas blog! Great job you did here. She tagged me and I haven't done it yet! Better get on with it!

totallyun-pc said...

Hey GND....

Look at this...

http://totallyun-pc.blogspot.com/2007/09/reminder.html

Waynecoff said...

nice to meet a girl who can use her tounge wisely xx

r: regret, responce, retailiate, mmm, good letter r.

Girl*Next*Door said...

Thanks Roses :)
Glad you liked it :)

PCSW, what can I say, you found me out! Come on then, come up with an R suggestion :)

Thanks LW :)

Thanks Marja :) I liked yours too, thought it was very good :)

Thanks Annette, not my handiwork but it's beautiful isn't it? :)

Hi Keith, thank you :)
I was in a "wise" mood, it won;t happen again for long while so I'll keep this post close by! Lol

TUPC, love that song! It's so good & always puts a smile on my face :)

Wayne, you're bad!
How about "r" for rude....! Lol

PC South West said...

How about Respect others, their property and their right to have a peaceful existence.

I will never be an author I am afraid so will have to stick to locking up scum ;0)

Girl*Next*Door said...

Duly added. You were right about the wine, I've been found out! Lol