6 October 2007

Allsorts

Nothing at all to do with the sweets but more the complete random-ness of the contents of this post.
Firstly, I realised earlier that rather alot of my clothes & various odds & ends had gone missing so took a visit to my sisters room... Where I found the grand total of 2 dresses, 5 t shirt tops, 2 jumpers, a pair of jeans, a pair of jodhpurs, my spare pair of spurs & a jacket. I only noticed two tops & my jeans missing, had no idea she'd robbed my wardrobe at some point!
Of course after realising she'd had more than I thought then I went on the hunt for everything else I hadn't seen for a week or two, including make up, damn thief! Lol
I'm thinking I might wire the wardrobe door upto the plug socket somehow....!

Secondly, why has my music taste lowered & embarrassed itself enough to liking a Shayne Ward single?! I think here is the only place I could admit to that & even then it still feels wrong!

& finally just how bloody difficult are the competency questions on the application form for the police?! Not difficult in what they ask but difficult to think of something & then word it in a way that's going to get you invited back for further testing. I could easily tell somebody & explain stuff but to actually write it down in a way that doesn't drone on, doesn't make you appear conceited, doesn't make you appear like you don't actually give a toss but at the same time doesn't make you look so desperate for the job that they are envisioning a crazed maniac frantically stabbing the page with a ballpoint with a mad gleam in their eye (well, the mad gleam is there but I don't stab things with a ballpoint, not usually..! Lol)
On the other hand I've taken my time & filled some of it out.... Like my name, D.O.B & address, the easy bits in other words.
Having said that I have asked a bit of advice & feel happier for doing so, I've also made notes of things in a notepad which means the actual answers are starting to take the shape of a few legible sentences rather than random words or nervous scribbles.
We also have a big postal strike on here at the moment so I'm also thinking I might hand deliver it as it would be just my luck that it would reach there a day late....

I'm only halfway through the form & already I'm getting butterflies, I plainly need to get a fly swat....



16 comments:

dickiebo said...

Getting butterflies? You're hooked now, gal. Never be the same again.

RandomPinkness said...

I'm sometimes thankful I'm an only child, this is defiantly one of them, imagine her having so much stuff! Also I think every application form has those daft questions on them, good luck with it though, I haven’t started applying for 'big people' jobs yet so I still have this joy to face, I think mine might be even more 'fun' though.

ComedyPC said...

A book that might be useful to you:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0749441925
Some core competencies listed here:
http://www.metpolicecareers.co.uk/default.asp?action=article&ID=206

PC South West said...

As long as what you write is politically correct with no opinions of your own.

Don't forget all the buzz words like multi-cultural, community cohesion, multi-agency, PCSO among many others, and they will be climbing over themselves to give you a job.

northern monkey said...

When I lived at home my sister was exactly the same and it used to drive me mad...

Good luck with the application form

cogidubnus said...

I've brought up four girls (two sets of twins) and (a) they always stole each others clothes, make-up and music and (b) they always stole my bloody socks!

PC Common Sense said...

One golden rule in your application is that if you tell them how great you are you must evidence it with specific examples to support the fact. Just a small tip for you!

ControlRoomOp said...

Oh those competency questions......

Let's just get back to the jodhpurs and spurs, much more interesting !!

ControlRoomOp said...

As for the forms, I would deliver them in person if I were you, or complete them on-line.
Far to important to trust to Royal Mail.

thoughts running through my head.... said...

yeah,take them there yourself or get them couriered!And put a lock on your wardrobe!

LetsbeAvenue said...

Believe me, these are the only books you will need if you are thinking of becoming a cop.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wasting-Police-Time-Crazy-World/dp/0955285410

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diary-call-Girl-Stories-Front/dp/095528547X/ref=pd_sim_b_5/026-3534652-9193232


They are both absolutely hilarious and so, so true...

In case you can't get the links they are Wasting Police Time, by PC David Copperfield and Diary of an On-Call Girl by WPC EE Bloggs.

Girl With The Golden Touch said...

Ahh, I only have a brother so dont have to suffer this! Although I did used to have a friend who wore a size 12/14, with a sister who was a size 18.20. One day the friend pulled a top out and put it on and noticed it was ripped and realised her sister had been nicking all her clothes and trying to fit into them! Needless to say she ripped a lot of them!

Little Wing said...

Good luck to you, my friend.

Ing said...

yeah just learn the core competancies verbaitum, and if you haven't already - buy a copy of 'hot to pass the police initial recruitment test' any good waterstone's should have one. good luck, and give me a yell if you need any tips!

PC South West said...

I whole week since you last said anything! Unusual for any female I know, but for you it must be a record. Is everything ok?

Waynecoff said...

http://funnysparky.blogspot.com/

have a look at this link, its a bertie basset pic, x