14 October 2007

Come On Boys!


This merited a whole post to itself

I absolutely cannot stand football or most of the players but rugby is an entirely different ball game (quite literally!) I am most definitely a rugby girl & was on the edge of my seat in most places going mad at the tv earlier, my throat is a little sore but it was so worth it.
Not only did we beat Australia to end up in the semis but we beat France today, on their home ground (which makes it all so much sweeter) to win a place in the finals.
They have to bring the cup home, they can't lose it now after the play they've been putting on.

We definitely need a repeat of 2003

Lewsey & where the game began without stopping for us.


Jonny Wilkinson, who really needs to stay fit & not end up with (another) injury.

England played one hell of a game today, it got close once or twice but they just kept pulling it back. Can't wait for the finals but I will be gutted if they don't bring the cup home.

I'm also a tiny bit jealous as my older brother, who used to play rugby for the county, was in Paris watching the game the same as he was for the 2003 world cup in Australia. Some people have all the luck!

Edited because for some ridiculous reason I put that we beat the All Blacks in the semis. Where the hell I got that idea from I do not know! That's what you get for blogging at two in the morning!

8 comments:

RandomPinkness said...

I'm rooting for England in the sense that my team (Wales) got knocked out and they're they only home nation left. I didn't see them winning last night I thought France were going to take it. They've really pulled it out of the bag when it's mattered so you never know. And Rugby is the best sport *ever*, though being in Scotland I nearly got kicked out of a uni society for saying "Football's not a real sport, Rugby is a proper man's game"

dickiebo said...

I don't think you beat the All Blacks, dear!

Roses said...

Good luck with your application honey. I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Little Wing said...

Me, I like good old NBA, I LOVE basketball!

Waynecoff said...

keeping my fingers crossed for tonight, xx

cogidubnus said...

A valiant effort but I'm afraid 'twas of no avail...

Melissa said...

Great

Vi vi vi vooom!!!!!!!! said...

Hi there, I see you read little wing. You may be interested on reading my latest post I've just dedicated to her. but you have figured that out now with the comment you got from melissa