26 January 2008

Back From The Dead


Err, kind of quite literally actually. Went into hospital 9 days ago for a simple op on my knee & was supposed to be home the next day. All was going well until halfway through the op blood rushed to my lungs & I basically ended up choking/drowning in my own blood, I choked the breathing tube out as well which wasn't a help. They abandoned the op & managed to re insert the tube, it took three hours for them to stabilise me. I had to be resuscitated 6 times & heart stopped once, both heart & pulse were off the scale. I ended up in intensive care for 2 days & spent nearly a week on oxygen.

Really damaged my lungs & they're still sore now so have got breathing exercises to do & have been told to take it easy & rest (that means no riding *sob*. So if the blog is quiet it's because I'm resting up).
My mum, stepdad, Mr. S & older brother were beside themselves after being told what had happened & then being told the next 24hrs were important as if it all kicked off again then it would be bad news....

Thankfully it didn't & I'm ok now. The only gutting thing is they didn't get to finish the op so I have to go back in a few months! Gah.

Still, looks like I'll have to wait a bit longer for my wings & halo :o) Lol



17 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Thank god you're ok...

RandomPinkness said...

Oh my God, *is in shock*, thank goodness you're ok, you are so taking it easy if I have to come down there and make sure you do. :D Will keep fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery.

Inspector Gadget said...

Deep shock for you!! Don't know what to say!! Thank the Lord you are OK - HANG IN THERE. XXX

PC South West said...

Emailed you! Go steady girl!!

cogidubnus said...

I've had time to think now G*N*D...don't you ever scare us all to death like that again, you hear me?!!!

Erm - So what was wrong with the (probably very shapely) knee in the first place?

And why didn't you tell us about it?

thoughts running through my head.... said...

bloody hell GND!!!!I wondered where you were,but...........are you sure you haven't done this just to blog about now!?

Seriously,I hope you're ok love,take it easy!

Busy said...

Jesus! That's terrifying.
Glad you're on the mend. Try to stay out of trouble for a while will you?

dickiebo said...

Crikey GND! That was just awful! BUT BE WARNED......you can't get away from us that easily!
Take it very easy for a bit, pal. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Jinkies said...

Hope you feel & get better soon girlie!

How are you going to cope with no alcohol.......? Tee hee! xx

Alice said...

Amazing how suddenly you can be face to face with the Grim Reaper...glad you're still here.

Keep shining

brown eyed girl said...

I couldnt believe what i was reading then,im so relieved you are still with us, what a shocker!
Make sure you rest up and build back some strength, we are all here for you and willing you back to health.
Jo xxx

Mousie said...

Oh. My. God.

If you need any Lemsip / chicken soup / brow-mopping while you're convalescing you know where to find me. I'm good at that sort of stuff, really. I know it doesn't show, but I am. Honest.

In the meantime... Don't go down that tunnel, STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!!! xxx

Roses said...

Oh honey! What an awful thing to happen, I'm so glad you're doing better.

Don't be scaring us like that again - you hear?!

Ing said...

omg! get well soon hon!

Annette said...

OMG, What a shock!
Thank god your alright now.
Take care of yourself.

xxx

Metcountymounty said...

jesus christ mate!! Glad you made it through, best of luck with the recovery x

totallyun-pc said...

How the hell does something like that happen? need any TLC? I've got warm hands!!!!

Get well soon. X