12 January 2008

Top 40




My top 40 of 2007 anyway. As nicked from Emma.







1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
- Started this blog.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? - I don't really go in for the whole New Years resolution thing. I just try to keep promises I make to myself or goals I've set myself.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? - No.

4. Did anyone close to you die? - No.

5. What countries did you visit?
- None. (this is shaping up to be really interesting! Lol)

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? - A police career. To leave home.

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- 12th of June: The day I met Mr. S.
7th of September: My mum & stepdad re-affirmed their vows.
14th of September: My brother came back home.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- I don't know really, don't feel as if I've achieved anything special! Not a proper achievement anyway.

9. What was your biggest failure?
- Wouldn't say it was a failure as such, more a disappointment but it was not getting into the police. Yet.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? -
A particularly bruised bum from my horse chucking me to the deck. Not the most glamorous of injuries granted but take it from me, Arnica cream really does work on bruises. Thank God!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
- A Starbucks coffee one sunny day.....! Lol
Or, not what I bought but were bought for me. A pair of long leather riding boots & a gorgeous pair of Derby House jodhpurs. Both the most comfortable things I've ever worn for riding! And the smartest.


12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
- My one younger brother, for getting himself away from the crackheads he was associating with & rebuilding a life for himself. He's now in a full time job, stable with his girlfriend & saving up to rent a flat. I'm really, really proud of him & hope he stays on that track. Only thing is if he gets a rented flat he's allowed to decorate a bit he wants me to help with it because apparently I have "Really good ideas & taste". That's nice to know!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
- My ex's. Asking your girlfriend up for the weekend after canceling her the weekend before, letting her stay one night to get what you want then telling her the following morning she couldn't stay the weekend after all & would have to go home as you were going on a mates birthday party & couldn't let him down so make sure you're ready to go by 11am & on top of that, not even checking that she was home safe. Then going to a lapdancing club & telling your girlfriend the next morning how amazing & wonderful this lapdancer was & how if you were single you would be tempted. Not surprisingly things were over not long after that! A year of being with him & that's the bare bones of how he felt.
But hey, in the end he did the best thing he's ever done for me because look what I ended up with :o)


14. Where did most of your money go?
- My horse. CD's.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- My brother coming home from Spain.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
- KC & the sunshine band - Baby give it up. Had special meaning given to it in 2007.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? - Happier, much.
b) thinner or fatter? - Thinner (Noooooo, need more calories this year I think!)
c) richer or poorer? - Er, probably about the same.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
- Weekends away to the beach but didn't have the time really. Or the weather :o(

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
- Crying over my ex because although he upset me loads he just wasn't worth the puffy eyed look & the consequent use of cucumber slices & copious amounts of concealer!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
- Partly with family, partly with Mr. S.

21. What was your favorite month of 2007? -
Erm, June. Regular readers will know why. But then September was amazing too. Hard choice!

22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
- Yes, she says coyly. And as cliched as it may sound, it's the best feeling ever & I'm really, really, really happy :o)

23. How many one-night stands?
- None. That doesn't change from one year to the next though, I'm not a prude but I'm not a fan of the one night stand with strangers thing either.

24. What was your favourite TV programme?
- Oh I don't know, probably the Catherine Tate show amongst the regular stuff I love. And most of the stuff I know I enjoyed I can't remember. Although the recent pilot of a cop comedy was good, "Bike Squad" it made me laugh anyway, but then I'm easily pleased. Lol

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
- I don't do hate, it's a waste of time & I never feel that full of venom that I hate somebody. More don't feel anything remarkable, as if they don't mean anything to me. Not sure if that's good or bad but never mind.

26. What was the best book you read? -
Can't pick just one, that's not fair....!
All the usuals I won't include because they don't need explaining or recommending (Wasting Police Time/Diary of an On Call Girl/Stuart; A Life Backwards) The best book apart from those would be Horses Arse by Charlie Owen. Excellent laugh-out-loud funny stuff & even better, he has a follow up coming out :o)


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- Not this year, it's something I've always done but being open minded enough musically to listen to different genres of music. It's led to me discovering some great talent.

28. What did you want and get?
- Family life to be more settled.

29. What did you want and not get?
- A 'Yes' to my police app. but I may change that in the future, who knows!

30. What was your favorite film of this year? -
Hot Fuzz. Come on.....It had to be.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? - Had a Moulin Rouge themed party, danced like a maniac, got appallingly drunk & had to be carried to bed mid giggling fit. It is a good job Mr. S was there for corset loosening or else I would have stayed like a trussed up turkey for the rest of the night! Lol
Oh, & I was the grand old age of 22. Doesn't seem five minutes ago I was celebrating turning 18!


32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- A sunny summer, instead of the sodden flooded out one that we got! But there were advantages to that in the shape of fatigue clad man-shapes & suited & booted policemen ;o) Lol

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
- It's not an '07 one, but wear what suits me, not what is in fashion necessarily.

34. What kept you sane? -
My horse. The best agony aunt/adrenaline rush there is. And my music which is great for whacking up & relieving the pressure/stress/tension.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
- I don't think I can say, it's too embarrassing! Put it this way, it's not only clothes & fashion I have unusual taste in..... Lol.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
- You mean which one out of the Police Pay, the losing of personal details, the ongoing hunt ban/not ban, the war in Iraq, the seeing fit of closing local hospitals & the 10% pay rise they think they deserve? And that is only the tip of the iceberg, don't get me started!

37. Who did you miss?
- Erm, don't think I missed anyone really. Well that's a lie, I miss my dad, or at least the person he used to be. Still.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
- Does this really need answering? I'm sure you all know but for those that don't, Mr S of course :o)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007
- That sometimes as scary as it may be to let go, the landing more than makes up for the jump.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
- There are too many but the most relevant ones that I can think of to my 2007 are;

"Just when I thought it was safe, you found me in my hiding place, I'd promised never again, I wouldn't give my heart, but then Closer, closer I moved near you It's crazy, but it's happening. And I'm falling again, much farther than I've ever been. I'm falling deeper than the ocean, I am lost in this emotion"

And

"wanna disappear inside a dream but never wanna wake, wake up. Then you stumble on tomorrow, and trip over today. Would you be happier if you were someone together. Would the sun shine brighter if you played a bigger part. Would you be wonderful if it wasn't for the weather. You're gonna be just fine. I think you're gonna be just fine, you're gonna be just fine. So don't worry baby, you're racing for tomorrow, not finished with today. Would we be happier if we were someone together, would the sun shine brighter if we played a bigger part, would we be wonderful if it wasn't for the weather I think we're gonna be just fine, I think you're gonna be just fine"

Ok, ok. I cheated but they are the ones that sum up my year really :o)
Not going to tag anyone but feel free to post it if you want to.



6 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Despite the light-hearted approach I think you've given away a little more about yourself than you intended!

And it's all fine...

Good Posting.

RandomPinkness said...

I have shamelessly stolen this for my blog lol was quite good fun, I reckon all round its been quite a good year for both of us :-D

Emma said...

Some really good answers there GND, I really hope this is the year for you babe..xx

Girl*Next*Door said...

Cogi, you could be right now I've read it back.... Never mind, this blog is pretty open anyway.
Thanks :o)


Pinkness, I agree. All in all it hasn't been a bad year at all chick :o)


Em, thanks hun xx I hope the same for you too, you definitely deserve it. Oh, & what's happened to your blog? I can't read it anymore, i'm guessing you;ve had to hide it a bit so hope all is ok? xx

Emma said...

GND - email me even though I am sure I have invited you already emmasjourney@hotmail.co.uk

Tilly said...

Hope you dont mind, im going to steal this and fill it out on my blog!!