8 February 2008

No Rush


Crowded would be the wrong word but I'm feeling slightly, I don't know, rushed is the closest I can describe it.


Just recently Mr. S has been making noises about moving in together. I've sort of blanked them, or changed the subject which doesn't help things I suppose but I just feel like I'm being 'pushed'. It's hard to describe, but you know when somebody wants you to do something that you don't feel entirely sure about? You just get that feeling don't you?

I'm not the kind of girl that pushes for everything from someone when I'm in a relationship. I don't have visions of wedding dresses & the happily ever after because there isn't always a happily ever after. I don't push things forward because I like to take things day by day. I really don't see the point in hassling somebody into major commitment, it just isn't me. I much prefer to be laid back about stuff & see how things go at their own pace & just see how things feel.

I don't know, maybe I'm too far in the opposite direction & too laid back but I hate being 'crowded' into something, especially when it' something like that.

I'm happy that he sees a future, I really am but I don't feel right about it. I don't feel like it's the right thing to do at this point in time. It's not like we're unhappy or anything because we're really not but I don't feel ready, I don't know why, I just don't.

Maybe things will change in the future but what is wrong with taking things day by day?




4 comments:

cogidubnus said...

If you feel in the least rushed or pressured then it's simply not right for you at the moment...but in the interests of fairness I think you ought to discuss the way you feel with him...

Bear in mind also it could just be that because of recent events he's feeling a tad overprotective...

RandomPinkness said...

I agree, if you feel rushed then the time obviosly aint quite right. But at least he's not a commitment-phobe so when it is right it'll be fine. And I would just talk to him about it, says me who's never had this dilemma, but you know, just to let him know where you both stand. :)

Emma said...

I admire you so much for admitting it too many people just go with the flow, you will know when it feels right, take care babe..xx

Ing said...

I agree with Cogi - if you're feeling rushed then follow your gut-feeling.

What's the rush?

If he loves you and it's what he really wants, then he'll wait.