3 April 2008

Handbags & Gladrags


"A woman's mind is as complex as the contents of her handbag; even when you get to the bottom of it, there is always something at the bottom to surprise you!" ~ Bill Connelly

So true!

I decided today it was high time I actually sorted out the contents of my bag (Excitement or what....) It literally was like Mary Poppins carpet bag. Looks like it hasn't got that much in it but dig deeper & it's like opening a wardrobe door & waiting for the avalanche!

I cannot be doing with tiny bags nor ones that cost the earth. Just isn't me I guess. So mine has three compartments which is great as it is not huge (big bags tend to wear me rather than the other way around), muted silver & is about 3 years old, so it's a little bit battered & loved.

The contents that revealed themselves when I emptied it were as follows;

Mobile phone.
Small camera.
Battered notebook with a couple of photos taped inside.
mp4 player.
Small sketch book & 3 pencils.
A book I'm currently reading.
Small makeup bag.
Wallet.
4 hairbands.
Small hairbrush.
3 mini vials of perfume.
2 pairs of gloves, one ordinary pair, one for riding.
Small umbrella.
a pair of forgotten spur straps.
2 bracelets.
Tweezers.
A couple of ancient bus tickets.
Keys.
3 necklaces.
Breath freshener.
A broken cheek piece from my horse's show bridle.
A beanie hat.
& a Partridge in a pear tree!
(There might just as well have been for everything else that came tumbling out.)


I didn't realise I was carrying so much around :-o
I suppose it is true when people say that a handbag is an extension of the owner. Mine contains all things, or hints at all things that are important to me & my life.

Still, it now contains the essential rubbish rather than the built-up-over-time-rubbish!

And now for the glad rags.

A mini-dress that I bought a month or so ago but didn't blog about for £5.00 instead of £90.00 in the sales & a gorgeous jacket from the same place for £20.00 instead of £85.00 (kids sizes, bargain! Lol)


Mini-Dress - French Connection.



Coat (front) - French Connection.


Coat (back) - French Connection. Rubbish pics but enough for you to get an idea. The coat is gorgeous as is the dress, just need an excuse to wear the dress now! Lol


10 comments:

Tilly said...

That coat is lovely :)

I have a rather unhealthy obsession with bags and tend to swap from day to day as i have so many, so luckily i never have the hassle of decluttering.

Although that does have its problems like leaving your purse or house keys in a different bag you are not using that day.
x

Annette said...

Lovely dress and coat.
And when you had emptied your bag.....I bet you put it all back, I usually do!

thoughts running through my head.... said...

bargainous!!!Especially the dress-they go for loads on the bay!
My bags like that too GND,only I keep buying new ones-I love bags.



p.s how are you now??Are you better?

thoughts running through my head.... said...

sorry mate-for some reason I completely didnt see your previous post!!
I do understand where youre at hun-wish I could wave a wand and make it better for you!

Alice said...

After thinking your bag must be huge, I looked through mine and was surprised just how much one tiny bag can hold...

I might blog about it....

Your dress sense is great. Much better than mine - black, black and more black!

lynn said...

I tidied mine the other day but already there's loads in it again. I feel moved to do a handbag post. I just might. lol.

RandomPinkness said...

That coat is tre sexy, the dress is cool to but I am lovin the coat, I also change bags most days depending on the occasion so I don't often need to de-clutter all that much, always a giggle when you do though.

PCSO Bloggs said...

Nice coat. Very 'vintage'.

Girl*Next*Door said...

Thanks Tilly. It is lovely, & my favourite colour, which is a bonus :o)

I could never swap bags day to day. Would be way too much of a faff & I know I'd always be forgetting the most important things! Lol

Annette, how did you guess?! Lol
Thanks :o)


T, I know! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I really like the fact it isn't the same navy & gold that everyone else is wearing in the same style.
Aww thanks hun xx It's getting better, it's just taking time & I'm really not good at waiting.


Alice, my bag isn't that big. Probably average size as being small, I can't get away with humongous bags, they wear me so yes, holds an awful lot.
Thanks! Experiment with a bright top, you'll be surprised :o)


Lynn, it just seems to collect stuff of it's own accord. I have no idea how half of the stuff ended up there!


Pinkness, the coat is my new favourite thing. It's lush, I almost want bad weather just so I can wear it! Lol
A giggle & a shock when you eventually do de-clutter, yes. Unbelievable!

PCSO Bloggs, thanks. It is a little vintage yeah. I love it :o)

Emma said...

Love the coat, but how big is that bag?..lol..xx