26 November 2008

Shoppers Beware




Strop is now officially in work. She has given up her slave labour job at a local yard & is now working in a supermarket. I opted out of applying for this job as she spotted it first & in the highly unlikely event I got offered the position, I'd have felt guilty.
I am such a good sister! :-p

So far she has completed three days of her training. Three days. For a supermarket job. Just how much training does it take to stack shelves, take (apparently you are not allowed to just direct them) customers to the requested product aisle & product & food pick for internet orders?
A monkey of average intelligence could do it. Which is handy because one of her co-workers looks exactly like a trained chimp. Complete with gormless expression & lank hair. Nice!
Strop on the other hand just has the unpredictability of a trained chimp.

When she intitally applied for this job it stated that she would not be working with the public. Now she has turned up for the training she has been told that the job description was slightly wrong & it does involve being on the shop floor sometimes. She doesn't mind at all but I sense problems & bloodshed.

Something along the lines of;

Tannoy - "could we please have a cleaner to aisle 13 please as there appears to have been a major spillage of claret. Caution advised as there also appears to be a deranged shop monkey on the loose"

Fortunately it's highly unlikely that she will bludgeon somebody with a organic frozen leg of lamb but with her moods, you never can be quite sure.
Personally, I wouldn't trust her with cutlery some days but that's my personal opinion.

She has delicate looks & looks very meek & mild.
This is extremely mis-leading as she has been known to give our younger sister a nosebleed by slapping her.
Granted, Mini-Me was being a total wind up merchant & the aim was off but even so, Mini-Me was 10 & Strop was 17 just. That is just plain playing dirty. Yes, Strop got her ear bent & grounded for the nosebleed/slap.

I'm also slightly disappointed as she does get staff discount but only after she has been there for 6 months. This is quite annoying as I had the latest Killers album earmarked. It does mean though that 6 months from now, she will be able to get my copy of Horse & Hound on the cheap. This is only fair as I barely get chance to look at it before I have to retrieve it from her room.

She has been given a shiny new gaudy uniform of manmade materials & shiny new name badge which simply says "My name is Strop". I think they should have added "Approach with caution. My name is Strop & I am liable to be unreasonably prickly &/or sulky & unhelpful"

I am being overly harsh here as she is perfectly polite & nice to everyone except her family so will probably be the Managers favourite by the end of the week. Which is a thought as she is still not too old for adoption I don't think.

I'd be more tempted to sell her personally but;

A. That is slightly illegal.

B. To make the advert appealing I'd have to lie my backside (of which there is more than I'd like at the moment so that's a lot of lying) off & so would be done under the Trade Descriptions Act anyway.

C. Nobody would be stupid enough to part with their hard earned cash in these stricken times for a volatile & moody ratbag like Strop.


;-)






5 comments:

Annette said...

Oh how I know what you mean, I work in Asda and have been there for 18 years.
You're right in what you say about it being easy, the job itself is, it's the customers that are the hardest to cope with.
You do need training to know how to cope with them.
They can be so rude and blame you for everything even the actual prices of the goods. Which you have no say in that.She will learn how to bite her tongue when needed, it really is better than yelling at a customer because they are not worth getting in to trouble for, really they are not.
All the best to your sister.

Rae!xx said...

I'm with Annette think Strop may well meet her match dealing with the general public, what is it nowadays everyone just seem to be in too much of a rush for manners.

I did a 9 mile car journey today from one side of town to the other and I lost count of the amount of people who stuck their noses out at junctions to get out instead of just waiting for the flow of traffic and the looks you get it you don't let them out....arggh...x

Area Trace No Search said...

I do like the idea of a 'Deranged Shop Monkey.'

Where can I purchase said item?

Kaiser Bill said...

yay!!!!


you get to nick her clothes at last!!

supermarket nylon!... nice!

Sage said...

will she last 6months for you to get your discount? just kidding I am sure she will... hopefully she will survive intact and enjoy it...

Though I loved the deranged shop monkey remark... had me laughing as we shopped in Asda on Friday night...