2 August 2009

Charlie Owen - Bravo Jubilee






I've just finished reading this & it had me laughing out loud nearly all the way through. Which is not so good when it's the dead of night or you're on public transport as you tend to look like a bit of a muppet but for something amusing to read that also has some depth & grit, I don't think it can be beaten.

It's maybe not what you'd give your mum to read but I enjoyed it hugely. Apart from the pig scene maybe...... Even though I've heard that pigs will eat everything, it still had my stomach shuddering a bit!

And I've just looked on Amazon & seen that the next book in the series, Two Tribes, is due for realease in December 2009 which means my Christmas reading material is sorted. Which is handy as it may just stop me from dangling my bratty sister out of the third floor window!

Anyway, if you haven't read any of Charlie Owen's books then start now because I guarantee you will enjoy them :o).


2 comments:

thoughts running through my head.... said...

yay!!!youre back!!!

Girl*Next*Door said...

I am! I'll have a catch up with your blog soon. I did see your post about Princess Pashmina though. Absolutely awful :o(
My thoughts are with her family & friends. It must have been a dreadful shock :o(