There's so many good things about Winter time, like;
1. Frosty weather. Walking out of a warm house & in to a sparkling morning or afternoon & having the cold air hit your face is one of the best things.
2. Dark Winter evenings are the perfect excuse to wear sequins & glitter.
3. I have an English Rose complexion. Summer sun turns me a not very fetching shade of red & I get very red cheeks. Winter just makes me look pale & interesting with a rosy glow.
4. I get to wear as many pairs of boots as I please. Although not all at once, obviously.
5. My fair skin means bright colours don't really suit me. Deep, rich Winter colours look much better.
6. Being able to wrap up in my snuggly jumpers & go for walks.
7. Burying my cold hands in my horses mane. Even better when I can pretend she actually likes me for me rather than the Polo's I always have in my pocket. Lol
8. Fireworks & bonfires.
9. Christmas is round the corner & hearing little children chatter about Father Christmas is something that would melt the hardest of hearts.
10. The hope of snow.
11. Freezing cold mornings that make you ever greatful for fluffy slipper boots & hot, strong coffee.
12. The Festival is drawing ever closer.
13. Feeling like the only person in the world on a really early, crisp & clear morning.
Bad things about Winter;
1. Slipping A over T in mud at the stables. Then having to get home with a mud stained rear end. So not a good look.
2. Slipping in puddles & missing the wet bit by the skin of my teeth. If I had bigger feet I estimate about 67% less slippage would occur!
3. Being jumped on by a not yet totally trained Irish Setter who leaves sticky, muddy paw prints on my nice cream, knitted hoodie. It's a very good job I love him....
Rustic odour, smiling hue,
And the clean air shines and tinkles as the world goes wheeling through;
And my heart springs up anew,
Bright and confident and true.
Robert Louis Stevenson.