31 December 2009

Happy New Year









Happy New Year guys and girls!

I am a bit gutted as I had planned to go in to town with friends and my older brother to see in the New Year but I have gone down with this horrible flu bug that is going around and despite dosing myself up on painkillers, I am still feeling awful :o(

So the only celebrating I shall be doing tonight is to watch Jools Holland's Hootenanny while snuggled under my quilt with iboprofen and plentiful amounts of honey and lemon.

I hope the New Year brings everything you wish it to and I hope those who are working it stay happy, healthy and safe.


Despite feeling ill I cheered myself up by having a look at the sales online. I was very good as I only spent £20.00 including postage and packing.

My buys were;


Sequin jacket from Peacocks reduced from £40.00 to £12.00. Bargain! I wanted this when it was full price as I'd been looking for a sequin jacket for ages but couldn't find one that fitted right or was in my budget. This has cropped sleeves so they won't be too long and it is fitted enough that it won't swamp my petite frame. It will look great with the shorts below or some skinny jeans.




Grey snake print denim shorts reduced from £14.00 to £4.00. I like these as I think they'd look great with tights and either ballet pumps or my black suede pirate boots and a vintage t-shirt.



Grey button vest top reduced from £4.00 to £2.00. A good basic vest that can be dressed up or down.





I hope the jacket fits and the shorts. I saw the shorts instore and they come up quite small so I went for a bigger size than normal. I can always use a belt for them.
Ditto the jacket as I'll wear a t-shirt underneath and I don't want it to feel tight across my shoulders.

I just have to wait for it all to arrive now!





8 comments:

dickiebo said...

I'm afraid I share your symptoms. I feel lousy!
Have a brill New Year, pal.

The Brunette Girly Girl said...

aww poor thing

Happy New Year

xx

cogidubnus said...

The symptoms you report would seem to merit the addition of a couple of hot toddies to that blanket...I bet they'll help sweat it out...

Happy New Year GND...

cogidubnus said...

All the best for 1972 from all of us here at the Altzheimers Institute....

Elliott said...

J

Happy New Year

xxx

Metcountymounty said...

The last three weeks have seen everyone in my house feeling like proper poo in one way or another thanks to other peoples bugs so I feel your pain!!

Anyway, forget all that nonsense, happy new year!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Girl*Next*Door said...

Dickiebo; The bug is only just leaving. For about four days, all I had to eat were 8 ginger nuts and half a can of chicken soup. Horrible, horrible, horrible sickness bug.
You too :o)



BGG; Happy New Year to you too :o) xx



Cogi; I did have a few but only when I had stopped being sick. I think they did the trick :o)
You too....

The 1972 made me LOL ;o)



Elliot; You too. xxx



MCM; That's just it, it's bugs my sister brings home from shcool and then they go round and round and round the whole household! Gah...

You too :o)