7 December 2009

Novelty


What a novelty to like someone, really like them and be completely at ease with them. To know they're as interested in you as you are in them.
To be relaxed and not feel under pressure. To be able to just enjoy what's happening, not feel like it's going to go wrong or that they are going to hurt you. To know that whatever happens, they will always respect you and treat you fairly. To be able to click with someone mentally as well as physically and feel happy around that person.

To have that person coax you out of your shell and reassure you that things are ok. To be able to talk about everything and nothing with them and it feel completely natural.
To be completely happy to go with the flow and to feel so at ease with that person.
To be able to trust them no matter what.
To be able to have banter and teasing with that person and laugh your head off with them.


Neither of us have made things 'official' so to speak, we're at the inbetween stage where it's not casual but also not defined as boyfriend and girlfriend because of a few complications that will be around until the New Year. Not, I hasten to add, because he is involved with anyone.

I feel so relaxed, happy, safe, secure and calm around him. I feel like I and my feelings are valued by him and that even if things don't work out, I know he wouldn't be a bastard to me.

I didn't even feel like this with Mr. S. I don't feel like I have to be trying all the time, I don't feel like he's spinning me lines and I feel I can be totally myself with him & that that will be completely ok.
I've made it crystal clear that I am not interested in a one night stand or a fling because my emotions get involved and I would rather be alone than just be used when it suits and that is more than ok with him.
I have taken a step back slightly, watched and waited to see what happens, sort of tested him.
He makes the effort, he puts himself out for me and he listens to me.
He fights my corner and reassures me when things are tough.

He makes me laugh and he 'gets' me.

I'm happy to stand back and go with the flow because I know his head won't be turned by the next pretty girl to walk by and that he will always be honest with me and in turn, I can be honest with him.
He gives me confidence in myself and makes me feel like the most desirable girl on earth. I can trust him.


We've been getting to know each other since September, talking and spending time with each other. And so far it feels amazing.

I don't want him to change his mind about things.


"I've caught myself smiling alone,
Just thinking of your voice.
Don't let me fall again for nothing more."





8 comments:

Littleacornman said...

Awww, lovely post GND.Sounds promising! I hope he likes horses :-)

Girl*Next*Door said...

Thanks LAC. It's good so far so fingers crossed hey! As for horses, he quite likes them. So here's hoping he doesn't get fed up with me anytime soon. Lol

cogidubnus said...

Good for you GND... My view is, that if you never dip your toe in the water you might not get hurt, but you have a bloody lonely miserable old life...and even being hurt's all part of learning and living...

There are too many expectations of perfection - most of them created by flowery fictional works...life very definitely AIN'T like that...it can't ALL be fireworks ALL the time!

In my humble opinion, and as you suggest, it's just as much about finding someone you're comfortable with and making the best of everything (including the bits that inevitably go wrong)...

At least that way you don't get disappointed and restive when (after umpety ump years) the romance wears off and you're approaching the "two old codgers sitting contentedly round the fire" stage...

But what do I know?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sage said...

So glad you have found someone who treats you so well, it is nice to hear a happy story xx

The Brunette Girly Girl said...

Hi GND, thanks for the comment on my blog. Thats such a shame that your health is stopping you from joining the police. I just wish I had the guts lol

Sierra Charlie said...

Sounds wonderful! I still haven't perfected the art of working hard to impress while giving the air of relaxed nonchalance.

Girl*Next*Door said...

Cogi ~ It's the repetetiveness of thinking they're nice guys & then they turn out to be raving twats that gets on my nerves....

Life is never like it's portrayed in the films etc. It's impossibly silly to think that way.
But as you say, knowing you're ok together without having to actually sit through awkward silences & having the ability to laugh at yourself is a good thing.

As for old codgers, I don't want to think about that. I'm 24 & I feel like time is going too fast!


Sage ~ Thanks.


BGG ~ You never know, one day you might just decide to go for it :o)


Sierra Charlie ~ Impressing is over-rated. Apparently, having the ability to make someone laugh is quite attractive. It must be true because it gets my vote. :o)