21 September 2010

How Not To Impress A Woman.

Dear God, what is it with some men? Yes, I realise I am sounding like a bit of a man-hater lately but I'm not, I promise!

I was walking home from the yard earlier this evening, not looking all that glamorous as I was in jods, boots, a t-shirt with a dash of horse hair on it and 'hat hair' which means my hair squashed in a bun, flat to my head and just a general air of scruff about me.

So, the very last thing I'd expect to hear as I'm crossing the lights is a wolf-whistle. I turned to see who it was (I was the only one crossing the road at the time) and was confronted by a guy in his forties saying to me "Oi, gorgeous, give us a smile!".

I cannot imagine what prompted that comment because as I say, I was not looking swish. But really, if a man wants to impress me, shouting that at me as I am crossing the road is not the way to go about it!

I can only imagine he thinks that girls in riding gear equals dominatrix-type girls. If he'd actually approached me he'd have realised I had horse hair on my jods and t-shirt, slightly mucky boots and was carrying the distinct aroma of horse and that puts an altogether different, and unsexy, slant on things!


*rolls eyes*




4 comments:

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dimitri said...

UR totally right! It pisses me off when I see guys just whistle at some random girl, like they whistle a random tune. Even though I'm 16, I still think society has declined drastically in those regards. Where women become an object and as seen here one to whistle at.

Wholesale Coach outlet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.