16 September 2011

Deafening Silence.


Photobucket

As well as writing this blog, I read a few others. There are posts that have made me think differently, posts that have made me laugh, posts that have made me grateful for what I have and posts that have made me grateful that I've never been in the position of the person writing it. There are also a very small number of posts that have stuck in my head and brought a whole mix of emotions to the surface as I've read them.


This is one of those posts that made me think the latter.

For every one of you reading this who have sat back and spewed forth about how the police don't do their jobs properly, should do that, should put up and shut up, should get on with what they're paid for, should take it on the chin, should accept that being spoken to like something on the bottom of someone's shoe is part of the job, should be grateful they have a job, should stop being jobsworths, should stop this, that and the other and do more for their wage.
Those who think the police are there purely to be your mediator between petty squabbles.

Read the link above and think.
Think bloody hard about what you would have done and how you would have handled it. Because do you know what? Those who spout empty words about should have, could have and would have are probably the ones who wouldn't have the first clue about what to do in that situation except point at somebody else and demand help.


To those that do face these sorts of situations, 'thank you' seems an incredibly glib thing to say.


'It's not as simple as
How much you think you care
You would never know
When to take the hint
Broken glass aside
My feelings stay the same
Covered head to toe
In blood and fear and spite'.




4 comments:

Annette said...

OMG, what can you say about that?
I could cry, not just for dave but for him too.
What a brave man trying so hard to get dave out of that car and then having to watch what happened.
I hate it when people criticise our police,they are the ones that have no idea what sort of job they have, I would like to see them do it.
I bet they couldn't.

Annette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Girl*Next*Door said...

Annette, it is a heart-wrenching post isn't it?
I feel for them both. Such a terribly traumatic and horrific situation to be in.
I agree with you completely. Very few people seem to understand exactly what Policing involves.

cogidubnus said...

You are of course, absolutely right GND