27 January 2012

One To Watch.

Emeli Sande is one to watch. It's not often I'm blown away by a voice or get a skip of the heartbeat at an artist's music or voice but with this lady's, I have.

This version of this song is going to be the song I have my first dance to at my wedding. I'm not getting married anytime soon, I'm not even considering it but when I do this is the song I will have my first dance to because it's exactly how I want to feel about the man I marry.

Link
She has a beautiful depth to her voice and a terrifically soulful quality. To have a good voice is one thing, to have soul and feeling in a voice is another thing entirely. She has been nominated for the Breakthrough Artist Award at The Brits. I sincerely hope she wins it.

This is the original version of the song above. Much more upbeat and an anthem almost, the version above is pared back completely and very much the bare bones of the song.

Both are beautiful versions, just in very different ways.

This is a cover she has done of Coldplay's 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' which again is pure excellence. It's familiar and yet unfamiliar because she has completely spun it to suit her :-).

Her album is out on the 13/02/2012 and is called 'Our Version Of Events'. I have already preordered it and I really can't wait to hear the whole album.





3 comments:

cogidubnus said...

Her voice is indeed, special...and yet to me she's not got the sheer depth and breadth of a Moyet...sorry to disagree with you...hang on to that wedding slot!

Girl*Next*Door said...

Cogi, there's the interesting thing though because I don't like Alison Moyet's music really. I can't deny that she can sing but her music doesn't 'grab' me if that makes sense?

cogidubnus said...

Perfect sense...we'll agree to differ!