27 February 2013

He Used To Be A Punk Rocker.


I love this man. His name is Frank Turner, he used to be the singer of a heavy punk band called Million Dead. 
After the band's split he went solo and veered off on to a slightly folky path. 

I have been a fan for a long while and I'm really not sure how or why I've not posted about him before. He is an excellent musician. 
The fact he is also physically my perfect man does not hinder the appeal either ;-).

He is some kind of performer live and I would say that if you get the chance to see him perform live, then grab it with both hands as he really is fantastic.

Anyway, these are four of my favourites from a very long list of hidden gems.

For me, this is sheer beauty.




This one has lovely lyrics. A cheery tune that disguises something slightly poignant in the words.



I adore the video of this as well as the song itself. Something a bit special.




This one? This one makes me think of my hometown :-). It also has something of a delightful melody to it.




6 comments:

dickiebo said...

That's funny. I look and sound just like him. Honest!

cogidubnus said...

Me too Dickiebo...but I'm younger too :-)

(even if only just!)

All the best

Dave

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.